God has looked down on me and said that I can do some R2 work. We did have some storms come through, but it seemed that everytime I went outside teh sun came out. There wasn't any hail or tornadoes. So...
Got to work on R2, for a little bit! For about 15 minutes on Friday I cut Out the inner rear skins octagonal port. Sunday I cut the front octagonal ports adn the power coupler. I then went to work on the rear skins. I detached the outer skins door panel. I then filed down any remaining burrs and tabs in the inner and outer skins. A quick clean up of the skins and they were ready to be attached.
I decided to go the Super 77 route. Sprayed the inner skin's outside and the outer skin's inside, make sense? :) I attached the inner skin to the frame and started wrapping the out skin around. I used my cheap clamps the hold the skins in place as i went. I was going to take picture of the steps involved, but this stuff dries quick and needs to be put on while tacky. Just to be sure I kept the skins clamped for about 30 minutes. I took the clamps off and everything was solid.
i then moved onto the rear door. Again I clean the panels and sprayed each side and let dry. I positioned the panels and started attaching and clamping. After about 30 minutes and Took some the clamps off to see how it worked. The were some spots that did not stick, os I wiped up some JB Weld to seal the open seams. I didn't think the Super 77 was going to hold well on the areas where there isn't a lot of surface area. I will probably JB Weld the rear door's panels on since that area will see some abuse being a door.
UPCOMING APPEARANCES: San Diego ComicCon - Mouse droid builders panel Friday 6 pm, room 7AB R2 builders panel Sunday Noon, room 11 Hope to see you there!
5 days ago