Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Extreme R2 Building

I really wasn't going to do a post about how i can't build, but I really have been cursed lately. I am trying to get something done before our trip to Israel on the 26th. I really want to get the inner skins cut so I can weld the inner and out skins together.

So far Monday we get a huge beef tenderloin, so I have to preform surgery on it and put it into the freezer. After clean up, it is too late and dark to be outside grinding away at metal. Oh well we have some good steaks to eat later. I am sure cooking them will eat up more building time in the future.

Next the Gods took exception to me trying to get the skins cut. It looked like rain, but I still went outside on our covered deck. Rain was coming down, but I was dry. I proceeded to lower the Dremel onto the cut line. It starts to cut and the power goes out. The wind starts to pick up and I get all the tools and R2 parts put away, in the dark, when it begins to hail. Lots of hail.
The wind picks up a little more, when we hear about a tornado warning in our area. Funny how you can't hear the tornado sirens with a Dremel cutting metal. No damage to our place, but I do feel a certain dedication to my R2 now that I have done some building in a tornado. The gauntlet has been thrown down by Darth Moose to run out in a lightning storm with R2's metal skins above one's head. I would do it, but the neighbors already think I am a little crazy.


No comments: